WordCamp Pittsburgh is currently looking for speakers to inspire and inform our anticipated 175 attendees including: designers, developers, bloggers, and content strategists.
Sessions will be 40 minutes, with 25-30 minutes allotted for your talk and 10-15 minutes for Q&A and further discussion.
The deadline to submit your application is 11 PM Eastern on Sunday, July 9, 2017. You will be notified when a decision about your submission is made, no later than late July.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS:
We’re looking for talks that are relevant to casual WordPress users, experienced developers, and anywhere between. You do not need to be a professional speaker, but you should be knowledgeable about the topic you are presenting. You are encouraged to apply even if you have never spoken at a WordCamp before. If you need some inspiration, take a look at some of the great talks published on http://wordpress.tv/
All submissions are reviewed by the organizer committee. Be prepared to submit your speaker slides or review your presentation with an organizer prior to the event if asked.
Speakers will be provided free admission to WordCamp Pittsburgh 2017 and also invited to attend a speaker dinner the evening before WordCamp Pittsburgh, but we cannot reimburse travel, lodging, or other expenses.
While all topics are welcome, we would like to see talks relating to:
- WordPress Fundamentals
- Blogging and Content Creation
- Design and User Experience
- Backend Development
- Marketing and Branding
- Running a WordPress Based Business
- Digital marketing & growth
Interested? Read on for additional details and submit your proposal below.
- We’re looking for talks that are immediately relevant (or directly applicable) to casual WordPress users, experienced developers or anywhere between.
- Talks will be allotted 45 minutes. You can use that time however you like (30 minutes for talking and 15 minutes for questions, 25 for talking and 20 for hands on, etc.).
- Speakers will be offered free admission to WordCamp Pittsburgh and get to attend a speaker dinner, but we can not reimburse travel, lodging, or other expenses.
- All proposals are due by 11pm Eastern, Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- Everyone who submits a proposal will be notified of our decision by July 20, 2017
- If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.